Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Last Night

Wednesday, June 10th, 1:30 am

Today was my last day in Japan. I was pretty tired so I didn't do too much. I spent the day packing and updating my blog, trying to get ready to go home.

We had a group dinner tonight before we all go our separate ways tomorrow. It was one of the nicest meals I've had here, with sashimi and crab...it was really good. Just good food and a couple beers with the people I've spent every day of the past 10 weeks with.

Tomorrow, our sheets are due by 9 am, check out is 10 and our train to the airport is at 12:30. My flight is at 4 pm on Wednesday, June 10th from Narita Airport in Tokyo. I will land in LAX at 10 am on Wednesday, June 10th, which is really crazy. I'll let you know what time travel is like.

This trip has been one of the best experiences of my life, but I am exhausted by it, to be honest. I am ready to come home tomorrow, and I can't wait to see my family. Now, I'm going to try to stay up for a while so that I can fall asleep on the plane...trying to prevent jet lag.

I plan to write one more entry when I get home, but I have at least a month's worth of pictures to post after that, so keep checking up for a while. The next time you hear from me, I will be back in California. Looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading and catching up with all the posts Shae - thank you!

    ReplyDelete