Sunday, May 3, 2009

In Tokyo

Sunday, May 3rd, 4:00 pm

I got into Tokyo late Friday night and was pretty much exhausted. We got back to Kyoto from Himeji at somewhere around 7 and our train to Tokyo was at 8. Jeff and I got the rest of our stuff out of our "storage apartment" and repacked some stuff. The train ride was uneventful, except for the issues involved with us moving all of our stuff.

We got to Tokyo at almost 11. We're staying at a hotel for a few days because it is Golden Week, which essentially means that nothing is open and nobody has work, so our dorms are not open. We each have our own room, which is nice.

Yesterday I didn't do much, just wandering around a little with Jeff and Carisa. I had to find a way to get money so I ended up being on the phone with my Dad and my bank for much longer than was necessary in order to put a pin on my credit card so I can use it at ATM's. At the end of the day yesterday, I literally had 300 yen on me, which is about $3. So I'm glad we were able to figure it out so I could go get some money today.

We went to dinner at Denny's last night, which is nothing like the Denny's in the US except that they have french toast. The food was really, really good. I was impressed, so much so that I recommended it to a few people today.

My life in Tokyo isn't that exciting so far because I'm trying to recover from our week long trip lol. I'll let you know when I start exploring a little more. Tomorrow I am meeting with Yoshio Kondo, a work associate of my dad's. He and his daughters are meeting up with me to show me around, and I'm pretty excited for it.

Last night, I watched The Dark Knight and worked on my photos (as should be obvious lol) and started my scrapbook. Kind of a boring Saturday night, but I was totally ok with it. We're meeting briefly tomorrow morning but then we're free to explore. Jeff and I are planning on going to Yoyogi Park when we move to our dorms, because it's much closer. I hear it's just a fun place to hang out, so that should be cool. Anyways, that's the update though not much has happened. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment